JDC Education Program
Our educational program offers a 220-day school calendar, Monday through Friday. Students receive individualized education plans addressing their needs and the expectations of their school of origin.
- The opportunity to catch up and keep up in their resident school coursework
- Daily fitness classes
- Life skills classes (self-care, nutrition / cooking, cleaning, money management)
- Whidbey General Hospital Smoking Cessation
- Job skills (resume, application, dress for success)
- Food handler’s class and testing
- Community service projects
Students leaving our facility meet with our Transition Specialist to coordinate assignments and tasks for a smooth return to school.
- Coordinate additional school supply needs with support from Readiness to Learn.
- Follow up on students 30 days after release for additional support.
- Communicate with probation and other agencies to assist with re-engaging youth into their school and community.